Performance Edge will hold its May 2017 Training Camp in Playa de Muro, Mallorca from 14 May to 21 May. We are staying at the 4 Star Viva Blue Hotel which is set up perfectly for triathletes. This year’s camp will include swim sessions in the 25m outdoor heated pool and Open Water sessions in the Bay of Alcudia; classic bike rides and runs in the surrounding area and mountains as well as covering the IM and IM 70.3 Mallorca courses. Attendees will see why many of the Triathlon and Cycle Pro Teams train in Mallorca with the mountain roads of the North-Eastern Serra Tramantana on the doorstep. The most obvious climbs they use are Puig Major, Sa Colabra and out to Cap Formentor. It is not all climbing as we will also cycle where the Pro-teams often time trial and practice sprint lead-out training on the long flat coastal road between Port Pollenca, Aludia and Can Picafort.
The object of the camp is threefold: to get a solid week of training in; to combine this with Skill Development sessions and do so in an inclusive manner.
Athletes attending the camp can expect to:
- Receive a full coaching package
- Swim in the heated outdoor 6 lane 25m metre pool or the Bay of Alcudia on the Ironman and 70.3 course
- Ride some of the great Mallorca cycle routes as used by Tour de France Pro Teams such as Team Sky.
- Run some of the great trails around the resort
Am I fast enough to attend?
The most common question we get asked. The answer is YES! This camp is great for all athletes of all abilities looking to put in a nice week of training in one of the most popular triathlon training destinations in the world.
- All coaching session fees
- Use of the Bike Centre store and workshop: The store is video-monitored and secured by a padlock locking system. The bicycle workshop has a mechanic in attendance morning and afternoon. Also available is a bike cleaning area, bike hire and the Cannondale Gear Shop
- 6 nights Accommodation
- Half Board Meals
- Evening presentations and events as required
What’s Not Included:
- Airport transfers
- Meals other than as above
Watch our video here from our April 2015 Camp
Camp cost will be £650.00 based on a doubles/twin room. Single rooms are available at a supplement.