We coach a limited number of athletes so if you are interested please get in touch and let's have a chat.
What is Included:
- Short Term, Long Term and Dream goal identification
- Online training schedule/diary that coach and athlete can view in real time
- Customised training plan dynamically adjusted to your needs
- Detailed daily program including target intensity and duration
- Ongoing phone, email, or Skype interaction as agreed
- Advice and guidance on recovery, nutrition, fuelling and functional strength
Do you need a Coach?
Name a sports person who wants to succeed and I’ll tell you who their coach is – because they all have one. Mo Farah, Usain Bolt, Alistair Brownlee, Helen Jenkins, Jessica Ennis-Hill, Wayne Rooney, Suzanne C who completed her first ever 5k race 3 weeks ago in 35 minutes – I include Suzanne to show that it is not just professionals.
So what does a Coach give an Athlete
- The focus is on YOU and what you want to achieve.
- A Coach is someone to challenge you; to listen to you talking about training, work, time management, power, heart rate, splits. If you don’t value that then try talking to your wife or work colleagues about the 3:30 you ran in your first km of the 5k or going off too hard when trying to break 1:30 for your half marathon - they may not care or be interested and they won’t offer constructive advice or alternative strategies.
- A Coach empowers an athlete to come up with a fresh approach to an old problem. If your run is a problem then the coach will work with you to try and fix it.
- A Coach lets you test out your ideas and modifies them where appropriate. Do you want to do treadmill sessions or circuit classes that’s fine a coach might fit them into a schedule if they are appropriate to your goals but if it’s not appropriate the coach will tell you. A Coach will often tell you where sessions are not helpful but may still include them because the athlete really wants to do them but the Coach will tell the athlete the truth about the benefits. If it’s a mental benefit that’s great but the Coach will realise this – remember 85% of athletes do what they want to do; the successful 15% do what they need to do.
- Your Coach is probably the only person outside of yourself who is interested in your sporting development.
- Your Coach gives you accountability and commitment. This is a HUGE asset.
- They will ask you questions to get down to the real issue.
- They help the athlete identify what is really important for them.
- They will challenge to stretch the athlete. You wouldn’t do the sessions at the pace the Coach sets. Sure you could say I’ll do an interval session but how many reps are you going to do and why? If a coach sets 8 x 2 mins at 3:50 per km there is a reason. What session would you set for yourself and what is that based on? Why was your Coach setting your pace at 3:50 per km and what would you set and why?
Science tells us that if you commit your goals to writing you are 40% more likely to achieve them.
It also tells us that if you tell someone else you are 60% more likely to achieve them.
Finally it tells us that if you have a Coach you are 95% more likely to achieve your goals.
Do you need a Coach…? Contact us now